We've gone dark! Our dark roast has spurred on a new origin to our collection. Sumatra and Colombia make for a rich, full bodied French press, drip and espresso.
The dark roast blend consists of Sumatra and Colombia. These two beans handle darker roasts really well and provide amazing flavours. You won't find any offensive bitterness and charcoal tastes here - only smooth richness accompanied with amazing notes of nut, dark chocolate and a full, smoky body. For a dark roast we recommend immersion and espresso style brewing. Brewers like French press, AeroPress and even Clever Drippers will complement the roast profile beautifully.
As a dark roast, this blend sits at 10 on the Roast Vision Scale and 49 on the Agtron Gourmet Colour Scale laid out by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
- Smooth, rich and full-bodied
- Species: Blend of Arabica
- Process: Semi-washed and double picked (Sumatra) and Washed and Machine Dried (Colombia)
- Certification: Rainforest Alliance
- Roast Level: 49 Agrton Gourmet, 10 Dark
- Brewing Recommendations: Drip, Immersion, Espresso
A note from Ottawa Artisans: Please note that the vendor will contact you directly after payment to discuss your choice of local pick-up/drop-off or shipping (not included unless specified).