Our unique greeting cards create a lasting impression with its plantable, handmade and eco-friendly seed paper! Made with 100% recycled materials (such as newspaper, used office paper, and other post-consumer paper), hand-pressed and original artwork made by yours truly.
These greeting cards can be planted to grow flowers, making a memory garden for your loved ones. This gives paper another chance at life (literally) which otherwise be destined for landfill! They also have a shelf life of 2 years! No need to plant them right away, enjoy them for a while.
All cards come with planting instructions on the back and each card has an envelope included.
The seeds are embedded between two sheets of handmade paper, keeping the seeds protected until ready to plant. Cards are blank inside for you to add your own personal touch!
Cards are 4.25" x 5.5" in size.
1. Soak the seed paper in water overnight.
2. Loosen the soil (outdoor) or fill a pot with potting soil (indoor).
3. Remove a light layer of soil and place the seed paper.
4. Add the light layer of soil back over the top of the seed paper to retain moisture.
5. Water generously, especially for the first 4-6 weeks.
6. Enjoy your flowers!
A note from Ottawa Artisans: Please note that the vendor will contact you directly after payment to discuss your choice of local pick-up/drop-off or shipping (not included unless specified).